[OM] Re: Auction Woe

Subject: [OM] Re: Auction Woe
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:33:30 -0400
I guess I must be lucky, as I've never had a serious auction woe that wasn't
satisfied promptly by the seller. But in the end, you are pretty well at the
mercy of the seller. It mostly depends on how serious he is about keeping up
good feedback. For that reason, I have set myself a guideline that I never
buy anything of any significant value if the seller does not have near
perfect feedback.

Today I received a 17mm Vivitar(Tokina made) from oldenglishchina. It was
better than described, actually what I would call mint condition. I've
bought from him before, always with perfect satisfaction.

Also, while waiting for it to come, I found G. Reese had tested one and has
posted the results on his lens test site. Based on that, it looks like it
will be quite satisfactory to me, especially at the "f8 and be there" rule.
It focus down to about 8 inches, and is fairly small and light compared to
the 18-28 zoom. I think it will likley be riding along on my trip to S.
America next week. Looks like it will have to go untested though.
Wayne