[OM] Anyone with tips on shooting a large group?

Subject: [OM] Anyone with tips on shooting a large group?
From: "Douglas Tourtelot" <tourtelot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:04:55 -0800
Actually OT 'cause I will be using my OM4<g>.  I have been ask to take B&W
photos of some middle school bands and orchestras for the yearbook.  They
will be arranged in a performance grouping, maybe 40 players at most.  I
plan on elevating myself somewhat (on a ladder) and will be using auxiliary
lighting.  I'd like to do it with two 600WS open-faced strobes (I have more
if need be but it should be as uncomplicated as possible).  I'll need DOF to
cover the group front to back, but there are house lights as well so I am
hoping to shoot HP5 or lower ASA.

Any experience or tips would be appreciated (it's for my daughter's
orchestra and she'll be embarrassed to tears if I screw this up<bg>.

Replies off-list are okay.

Regards,

Douglas Tourtelot, CAS
Seattle, WA