[OM] Re: [OT] Did Maitani go to Pentax?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Did Maitani go to Pentax?
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:38:57 -0500
The Pentax *ist-D is an interesting, small camera.  From the reviews that I've
read, I think it will remain a niche, low sales system for the die-hard Pentax
K-mount fans who want a DSLR.  Michael Reichman had several so-so things to say
about the camera, and really didn't like it, whereas he really liked the E-1.
I doubt whether it will garner significant sales from the Digital Rebel or D70.

I was also surprised at how small the camera was, perhaps too small, like the
Digital Rebel.  There is an advantage to some weight in such a machine.

Skip