[OM] Re: Anyone with tips on shooting a large group?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone with tips on shooting a large group?
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:17:13 -0500
I have been shot several times by a photographer who would take a photo of
half the group and then the other half.  Later he would stitch the two
together and manipulate the final image with PhotoShop to correct for any
problems.  He was able to replace closed eyes or other problems by copying
a good image of that person from a second or third shot of the group that
he had taken at the same time.

By stitching you cut the number of students in the shot in half,
possibly  reducing the number of kids who are not really paying attention
or goofing off.  Good luck, you might get someone who intentionally messes
with all the shots.

Is the ceiling close enough to bounce the light off the ceiling? That is
one way of making the lighting less harsh.

gregg