[OM] Re: [OT] Canon EOS-1D Mark II review on DPR

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Canon EOS-1D Mark II review on DPR
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:33:42 -0800
As talk turns more and more to the digital side of photography's "other
self" I'd guess there will be fewer screams of protest on this list with
offerings of this nature. Be that as it may, I found the following review
of no little interest. Can't afford to invest as much as Canon wants for
this puppy (not to mention its lens line--check out this little number for
example:

        http://www.dpreview.com/news/0401/04012901canon28300is.asp

I've not thoroughly researched the digital side of things but I must admit
that on the face of it it would appear that the quality and performance gap
between analog and digital is rapidly closing in almost all respects left
up for contention and in virtually all other areas the newcomer has long
since outstripped the old technology's real-world potential.

I also think from the little I've read that if Olympus plans on becoming a
serious player it had better hire a "brain" fast and invest carte blanche
in its intellect and vision . . . for at the moment Canon is a dream ahead.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos1dmkii/

Tris