[OM] OT rant, Disgusting Half-Time Show Antics

Subject: [OM] OT rant, Disgusting Half-Time Show Antics
From: "GeoW" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:16:07 -0500

Watched the Super Bowl last night.&#160; Fantastic game.&#160; Great pride
onboth sides. Excellent team spirit, then came the half time show. What I
sawwould have spoiled the rest of the game for me had I not been so
impressedby the performance of the athletes on the field. Maybe it isn't so
hard to understand why citizens of the United States are thought of as
unGodly, decadent people.&#160; The Super Bowl half time show was broadcast
around the world - it represented me and you - how?&#160; With bared
breasts,undulating young women, and a young man wearing a desecrated flag
over an undershirt.&#160; With songs spelling out sexual wants and needs,
with songs calling women whores, and with songs replete with other language
unsuitable for the decent to have to endure.&#160; So, this is what is
represented to the world as the "American way" - no wonder.......I imagine
most of us are embarrassed by this, to say the least, as well as humiliated,
and saddened.&#160; As a whole, I do not believe, we have been lowered to
this level of morality, and I hope I have seen the last of this sort of
"sideshow/freak show" entertainment at a national event. Off my soapbox,
GeoW