[OM] Re: can your digital do this?

Subject: [OM] Re: can your digital do this?
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 11:44:20 +1100
<gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> C.H.:
>
> I haven't seen a convincing print of an image after it has been
> 'shopped to get the perspective right.  I do think that it will soon
> be possible, but for now I'm sticking with film.  Besides, I'm a
> sucker for a good slide show. ;)

Correct Bob, once an image has been recorded as 2D (film, CCD or whatever) it
is not possible to correct the perspective exactly unless the subject was
purely
2D to start with.  So post processing may be ok for correcting one wall of a
building, but since the depth information has been lost a foreground tree will
be
corrected as if it were in the same plane as the wall, believe me that just
doesn't
look right.

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com