[OM] Re: OT rant, Disgusting Half-Time Show Antics

Subject: [OM] Re: OT rant, Disgusting Half-Time Show Antics
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:55:56 -0700
Hi Geo:

Someone once remarked,"How do you make 5 pounds of fat interesting?" "You
put a nipple on it!"
Speaking as a Canadian, I can assure you that we know that it's just
showmanship, call it Hollywood Hype. I'm coming to San Antonio in a couple
of months, my expectations?- good food, sun, and some interesting and as far
as my experiences go, warm and friendly people.
You may take a bad rap for the showmanship media, OK and some of your
politicos,  and frankly guns guns guns..... but as a people you are the best
of neighbours and the best of friends. I sympathize with what you are
saying, because what you see is not what you get.
Geo, tune in to Hockey, no nudity in our sport, the one guy who tried a
streak in Calgary (naked on ice LOL) did a triple gainer and left the ice on
a stretcher, and yes the cold did nothing to enhance his 'manhood' either,
funnily it hasn't caught on. Anyway, let me leave you with what a Canadian
General said to some people in the crowd unhappy with the US foreign policy
and power (damn we are polite aren't we)--he said this-" If there has to be
one 'superpower', we should thank God it is the Americans!"
Perhaps we should all heed his words, and consider exactly what he was
saying! I am very Canadian, some of our values are very different, but we
are friends and share a love of family, peace, endeavour and prosperity. And
we love to kick your ass in Hockey.

Gord