[OM] Re: oT Countryside, was Camera Bags etc...

Subject: [OM] Re: oT Countryside, was Camera Bags etc...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:20:46 -0800
The US is so big and varied that generalizing doesn't work very well.
There are parts where the towns are pretty close together and others
where distances are huge. The variations in topography and climate are
huge. No places that look quite like some of your countryside if only
because they don't even have buildings as old as some of your hedgerows.
Yours is a lovely country, as is Scotland, though I saw less of Scotland
than of England. Of course, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow won't win
any beauty prizes, but sitting on a lawn sloping down to the Avon
outside a 400+ year old pub on white cast iron lawn furniture watching
the swans swimming, willows weeping and the spire of Salisbury Cathedral
peeking over the rushes was pretty fine! Did rain now and then while I
was there, but not enough to dampen my enjoyment.

Moose