[OM] Re: shooting a large group / slave flash possibility?

Subject: [OM] Re: shooting a large group / slave flash possibility?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:31:45 EST
Guys, take a look at this eBay auction. My experience with slaved flashes is
limited. I know the guy's ad is kind of cheesy, and he lists 41 auctions for
the same flash, with different camera manufacturer's names, and there's no
returns unless it's defective.
But wouldn't something like this work for a group shot? You could have an
assistant hold it for you, or mount it on a stand or place it on a table,
shelf,
or windowsill, and just let the (OM) camera's auto setting do the exposure? I
ask because many digital cameras have weak flashes, and I've been hesitant to
buy the $275 flash to use with my E-10. I know this would be limited in use,
it won't solve every problem, but what are your thoughts on it? I thought for
$50 it had a decent guide number.

Also- There's a bit of 'negative vibes' on this guy's auction... but if it
does work...??
And at first glance he has a lot of recent negatives, but I went and looked
and at least half of the recent ones are all from the same buyer who complained
about the $9 shipping / insurance on some pens that he paid $0.99 for. (The
shipping IS high, but it was stated up front).

eBay item 2984261492  - OLYMPUS D-370 C-211 C-2500 D-360 D230 FLASH

Thanks,
George S.