[OM] Re: [OT] Did Maitani go to Pentax?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Did Maitani go to Pentax?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:40:42 +0100
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 07:30:20 -0800
R.Jackson <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've been pretty impressed with it, as well. Mostly the size and
> viewfinder. It's very compact in that nice way that OMs are compact.
> The only thing that's really held me back is the lens issue. I assume
> that between Pentax and third-party companies like Sigma there are
> probably some decent lenses available, but I haven't seen any lens
> tests using the *ist D that would encourage me about any particular
> lenses.

Well, I do not know about the *istD, but the Pentax Limited 31/1.8, 43/1.9
and 77/1.8 give me excellent results on film. As a plus, they're build in
metal like the Zuikos ;) There are a number of really good zooms too
(24-90/3.4-4.5, I think, while feeling like "plastic" is an excellent
lens...and some others)