[OM] Re: VERY OT! Camera Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: VERY OT! Camera Bags
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 13:43:55 -0500
This solution reminded me of the college student who had been given a
physics exam question which was:  How would you determine the height of
a tall building given a barometer.

His answers were:
1) I would drop the barometer from the roof and record the time of its
fall and determine the height based on the well known formulas for the
acceleration of gravity.
2) Or I would tie a string to the barometer and use it as a pendulum and
determine the height based on timing the pendulum swing.
3) Or I would simply lower the barometer to the ground on the same
string and measure the length of the string.
4) Or, my preferred method, I would go to the basement and find the
caretaker of the building.  I would say to him; "Dear mister caretaker,
I have here a very fine barometer which I will glady give to you if you
will only consult the blueprints and tell me the height of this building."

Chuck Norcutt