[OM] Cataloging/browsing tools

Subject: [OM] Cataloging/browsing tools
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 07:47:03 +0100
Anyone got a favorite tool for cataloging their digital files (scans
etc.)?  Why is it your favorite?

I've got a hard-drive-full,and a couple of dozen CDs, of scans of my OM
pictures (on-topic, yes?) and I used to print thumbnails and keep a paper
catalog - pretty easy to flick through and find that image you were
looking for.
But when I got a little Canon p&s digi it came with 'Zoom Browser' (now
upgraded for free from their website to r4.5) and it's a nice little tool
to browse thumbnails.
Then my daughter's wedding photographer gave us a CD of the pix with the
OLYMPUS Camedia software which has similar capabilities.
Then I got the free download evaluation edition of Adobe Photo Album r2.0
and I really like that - it allows thumbnails of all your CDs to be be
kept on the hard-drive and when you click to select one it tells you which
CD to load.
So already three options and I'm sure you're gonna give me more - whadda
y'all like best and why is it better than Adobe's?
thanks in advance
jez