[OM] Re: Photo suggestions for Paris?

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo suggestions for Paris?
From: gm <guillaume_malod@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:36:32 +0100

hi

please take some time to just walk around, as much as i love new york
and london, cities like paris and rome are just great places to stroll
and enjoy random sights and happenings. of course if your schedule
allows it. the weather right now is surprisingly warm, so the
traditional walk along the banks of the seine river, with many nice
perspectives, usually reserved for springtime, is definitely a nice
choice. at this time and perhaps as always in paris, wait for a cloudy
day, if the sun shines through towards the evening, you can get
magnificent light.
no particular photo recommendations, but areas like the 'butte aux
cailles' and the 'buttes chaumont' can be very nice if you want a
(slightly) more popular feel. i also suggest you give a try to the
garden next to Bercy, the surrounding area is rather uninspiring but
the garden stands out, imo a fine example of good urbanism.
i live here, please ask if you need particular info you cannot get from
afar.

gm