[OM] Hutton, was OT rant

Subject: [OM] Hutton, was OT rant
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 06:19:28 +0000
You might like to pick up this week's Private Eye Roger.  It makes the
preposterous accusation that the Hutton Report was a whitewash and that
Hutton was too closely attached to the Government to give an impartial
ruling, legal or not.  I don't know where they get such off-the-wall
opinions from, but it is repeated many times. ;-)

They also mention how Lord Birt managed to get his oar in to denigrate
his successor in the Lords - talk about crowing!

OM content: I used to work on the 3rd floor of MOD, opposite Downing
Street, so I was disturbed every time there was a protest... and there
was always at least one a week.  But the only time I got photos was for
a State Opening of Parliament as the procession passed down Whitehall.
That was when I discovered that I needed spectacles as all the shots
were out of focus.

Chris

OM Content
On 5 Feb 2004 , at 16:58, Roger Wesson wrote:

> Well, we in the UK can be very sure that our politicians are
> unimpeachably honest - a lengthy inquiry by someone not at all
> connected
> with the 'establishment' has told us so, and forced the resignations of
> the chairman and director-general of the BBC for having one of their
> journalists dare to suggest otherwise!  It's certainly restored my
> faith
> in the system ;)
>
> OM content of a sort - street protests outside Downing Street are
> rather
> common these days I hear.  Once I have finished this damned PhD I'm
> working on I'll get down there with my OM-1 and do some photography.
> Protests, marches, riots etc are going to be a photographic target for
> me this year.  I have a friend who's got great shots of various
> protests
> in London over the years.
>
> Roger
>
> Garry D. Lewis wrote:
>
>> What! The President lies? I'm shocked- shocked I tell you! }8^0.
>>
>> Yours "I knew that",
>> Garry

> To contact the list admins:
> mailto:olympusadmins@xxxxxxxxxx?subject="Olympus List Problem"