[OM] Re: USM test re PWP/PS is up

Subject: [OM] Re: USM test re PWP/PS is up
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 23:57:30 -0800
tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>A few years ago when I did all this stuff manually in PS I'd use channels
>and probably make two passes at different settings, depending on  the
>image--just playing it by ear, really. Then I read about Miranda's work and
>tried one of his first sharpening utilities (I believe it was 8-bit then
>for the public-domain version). I soon discovered his technique was very
>much more involved and sophisticated than what I'd been up to and simply
>switched over. It wasn't perfect, though, and sometimes I'd go back to my
>old ways if I didn't like the look. Nowadays the look is so good to my eye
>that I'd feel like a chump to waste time trying to do Miranda better when I
>know in fact that I cannot--and even if I could it would consume untold time.

According to Fred's site, Intellisharpen Pro Plugin v1.1 works only with
8 bit in PS 6, 7 and Elements, and 16 bit only with CS.

Now you have me wondering if mine is the latest version. Do plug-ins
show up as actions in the Actions window? Mine says v1.1 in line 2 after
the copyright line. I have run into occasions where I didn't think his
sharpener was as good as doing it myself, but I will try it out more.
May have been on high speed film, and I see he has a special USM
function for them now. Certainly the background noise difference is
impressive in your example.

Thanks for the work.
   Moose