[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #29

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #29
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 22:07:30 -0800
>Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 21:28:57 -0800
>From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop retouching secrets
>

>I vaguely remember your last effort but for sure I grabbed it this time.
>Works great to my eye.
>
>As long as we're looking at "birds" these days I'll offer the following two
>images as an example of how fast PS (using your recommended eyedropper
>adjustments in curves) can correct at least that image manually. Including
>the initial CMYK adjustments themselves this adjustment took me all of
>about . . . three minutes?
>
>First image is the original PWP bird test image with the green cast, etc:
>
>          http://www.tristanjohn.com/casualfilespark/PSbird.jpg
>
>Second image is the corrected version using the new CMYK eyedropper
>settings in PS:
>
>          http://www.tristanjohn.com/casualfilespark/PWPbird.jpg
>
>I don't know, but as usual the "Chris and the egg" factor seems to be at
>work with re to all things Photoshop (i.e., once you know what to do it
>works pretty damned good).
>
>Tris

Tris,

It looks to me like you have your color correction act down pretty
good, but it also looks like the second image is the uncorrected one,
and the first image is the corrected one.

BTW, as you are using the eyedropper and pulling Curves, you should
check out the book by Michael Kieran, called Color Correction for
Photoshop. It's published by Peachpit Press and it is overall,
excellent.

-Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!