[OM] Slide Projectors

Subject: [OM] Slide Projectors
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 12:59:56 +0100
somehow my other mail client is acting up, so here's the mail once more:

hi guys,

i am slowly  switching from prints to  slides. in fact, i  just bought 5
rolls of sensia for my upcoming trip to lisbon, portugal.

well, i just sat  down and looked at my old  slide projector (zeiss ikon
p510 w/ a talon  1:2.8/85 lens), and noticed a huge  lack of contrast on
the projected slides. the slides look  good on the little light table at
the back of the projector, so it can't be the bulb that makes trouble. i
opened it up and cleaned everything, without any visible imrovements, so
i  simply  guess the  lens  is  more worth  as  paper-weight  than as  a
projector lens.

i read on a  few usenet posts that the super-talon  lens was supposed to
be  a  lot better.  does  any  of you  have  any  experience with  these
projectors/lenses; and what type of projectors do y'all use/recommend?

thanks,

--nils

(btw, if anyone  cares, i'm still waiting  for a hdd to  clear to update
the archives to pre-2004 posts. this year's posts are available as usual
at http://lists.tako.de/)