[OM] Re: what to take with you when you jump ship

Subject: [OM] Re: what to take with you when you jump ship
From: Geilfuss Charles <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:03:04 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Heide Clausen [mailto:omlist@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 4:25 PM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:49:22 -0600
gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Not that I'm criticizing you folks who are dumping your OM gear, but I'd
> be curious to find out what you kept and WHY.
>
> The -1n and 85/2 will be with me until I die because of the memories,
> feel, look and of course the images I've taken with it!
>
> just curious...

        As I have followed this thread I've given this quite a bit of
thought. I bought my first OM-1 in 1976 and quickly there-after acquired a
28/3.5 and a 75-150/4 zoom. This was my sole collection until 1994. So for
years I could CARRY my whole collection which instead now occupies three
shelves in my closet! As I look back through my slide files and think back
on what gear I used most and what resulted in my most memmorable photos, I
come right back to my original lenses. In my travels over the years to
Europe, South America, Central America and the American West, I always ended
up carrying a small kit either because it was all I had or that photography
was secondary to my travel (working two months in Germany; adopting three
children or attending meetings). So just what would I keep? Probably not the
zooms but the primes that would keep me in the same range as my original
three lenses: 28/3.5, 35/2 (my ultimate one body/one lens kit), 50/1.4,
85/2, 135/3.5. These along with OM-4Ti and my original OM-1.

Charlie Geilfuss

List Problem"