[OM] Re: Odds and ends and Technical Pan, who'd care to be an also-ran?

Subject: [OM] Re: Odds and ends and Technical Pan, who'd care to be an also-ran?
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:17:59 -0800
Just goofing around tonight with my equipment page, looking for an old
image of an Olympus Stylus Zoom DLX (if anyone finds one, black body only,
please be so kind as to provide the URL--got to be one out there somewhere)
when I ran across John Putnam's web. I've been there before and had other
stuff on my mind as I say, but the words "Tech Pan" caught my eye so I
scanned down the page again and noticed he has a couple of links to sample
photos. This dragged my mind back quickly to our discussion last week re
the test for camera shake/support integrity/best film medium to us.

Here is the URL for Josh's site: http://www.phred.org/~josh/photo/photo.html

And the following two links will direct you to the first of his test
photos,, followed by a blown-up section of that image demonstrating
Technical Pan's remarkable granularity (and please keep in mind this film
was scanned only at 2400dpi):

        http://www.phred.org/~josh/photo/TechPan.jpg

        http://www.phred.org/~josh/photo/TechPanCrop.jpg

Enough of that. Back to my quest for Olympus Stylus Zoom DLX art.

Tris