[OM] Re: Photo suggestions for Paris?

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo suggestions for Paris?
From: Humbert Humbert <0humbert0humbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 01:30:40 -0600
BTW, Donald Neil MacDonald's advice is spot on. For short stays, ask for a
tourist pass or a Mobilis pass. If you are traveling intensively for a week or
a month, get a Carte Orange pass (full commuter-grade). Metro/bus tickets and
books of same are available at tabacs too. Even Mobilis. Stay clean though,
some stations are really ratty. If you want to blend in, try shades of gray.
Seems Parisians are still stuck on the look even when it's not all that
sharp... I used a medium-sized Delsey Gopix to carry the OM I was fumbling with
(enough room for a body and a couple lenses and a flash, flap inconvenient
though), which looked exactly like the regular shoulder bags/ small backpacks
in vogue over there. If on your back, better make sure you've a lock on it, and
always assume they'll knock into you or your bag -- even cars in crowded
streets !

Phil