[OM] Re: OM-4 question

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4 question
From: "Daniel Tan" <daniel.tan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:11:10 +1000

It's possible.
(I assume the space in the 2SP is the same as in the 4)
If you put a flat plastic slip in the bottom of the well and solder a
very thin (possible AWG 50 to maybe 34 at the largest?) wire to the
spring, you can sneak in a tiny switch. A flat-ish sort of pressure
switch that clicks on-off would be best, though it would probably be far
easier just to make yourself a pressure contact switch that sends power
into the camera while you hold it in.  If you're feeling adventurous,
you could even see if there's enough space under the bottom plate to
embed the switch.

I have to say though, I think it would be far neater to machine up a
package that moves the batteries external to the camera - say a small
round package about the size of 4xSR44s stacked with a switch on the
side and a screw threading in the centre to screw into the body.

Of course, I have no way to build one :P

Daniel

Hi Douglas, Jim and all.

>> Is there anyway to turn an "old-circuit" OM-4 off when not in use
other than
>> removing the batteries?

>I've wondered if there is room enough inside the bottom cover to
install a
>small switch in the battery's wire to the circuit board...

I've seen this on eBay (an OM-PC) some time ago. Quite an ugly job,
though.

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://cjss.galeon.com>