[OM] Re: TOPE 17

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 17
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:11:36 +0100
On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 05:13, Mike wrote:
> I'm enjoying the latest TOPE. Some pretty good stuff already and more to
> come no doubt. Thanks again  for making this possible Olafo.
>
> Regarding the new size standards, anyone else having trouble viewing
> some of the photos without having to scroll? Running at 1024 x 768 I can
> see 800 x 480 full screen, any more than 480 and I have to scroll
> up/down.  So far i just right click>view image to get full view in a new
> window but it is a bit awkward to try to read comments and then go back

my notebook also "only" takes 1024x768. but i use a web-browser that
allows me to switch to fullscreen mode, which solves most of those
problems. in windows, iirc, opera supports fullscreen. under X you will
find tons of projects based on the mozilla engine that support
fullscreen (e.g. epiphany and, iirc, firebird). i can't speak for mac,
but there should be a way to get firebird to run under osx.

> to view image and back etc. I can't up the setting on this cheap-ass
> monitor without dropping the refresh rate to "headache". Plus 1024x768
> ratio works best for many apps. I guess I found the old size standard to
> be more convenient for viewing.  Of course I realize this pertains only
> to the landscape orientation.
>
> Mike
> still technologically in the last century :>(

enjoy,

--nils