[OM] Re: Digital Bridge Camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Bridge Camera
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:36:29 +0800
Ok, you are right, IS is very useful for still objects and also for panning
car racing or alike. I also own a C*non 28-135 IS, I agree it is quite
useful for some internal shoots where my subjects (peoples) are sit or stand
still.

But I just feel that in many cases they are not so useful, I got some bad
shots in a company party due to ignoring the people are talking/laughing and
expected I can hold at slow speeds with the IS, of course eventually their
faces were blurred, I know it was my problem but it was just not work.

For the Gundam girl photos I took, at the beginning I used the 28-135 IS,
not only the DOF were too much, at 1/30 to 1/60s most of the shots were just
"ok" but not very sharp due to the object and my movement. When I switched
to Zuiko 85/2 the story were re-written, at 1/250s to 1/500s all the shots
with right focus were super sharp.

Unfortunately, the two affordable IS lenses from C*non are too slow, it
limited the application of the lenses.

C.H.Ling