[OM] introduction

Subject: [OM] introduction
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:00:49 -0500
Hello everyone,

I have recently stumbled across this mailing list while doing searches for OM
information on the web.  It's a pity I never discovered it earlier as after
rummaging through the list archives I came across many informative articles.

My passion for photography started when I was in grade school.  At that time I
made my first contact printer out of plywood, a 40 watt bulb and switch and 2
sheets of window glass with white tissue wrapping paper sandwiched between
them.  Worked like a charm with black and white 2 1/4 negatives and Kodak
contact printing paper.  I wish I still had that 2 1/4 camera.  I don't
remember the name of it, only that the camera was like a Rollei.

I became an OM user back in1976 after purchasing an OM1-MD that I still own
and John Hermanson recently serviced (your the best John :) ).  I used it
mostly for general purpose amateur photography and being young and newly
married, couldn't afford to build up much of a lens collection except for a
Vivitar Series 1 90-180 Flat Field Zoom.  Much later, after a move to the
Berkshires of western Massachusetts, I used the OM1 body for astrophotography
through a Meade LX3 and Takahashi FC-60.  Now that was an exercise in
patience... back in the late 80's and early 90's ccd autoguiders were a new
concept and expensive and since I didn't own one, my left eye needed to be
"glued" to the eyepiece in order to follow a guide star for 1/2 hour to 1
hour exposures.

In early 2003 I decided to get back into nature photography, something I loved
since I was young.  I thought about switching to digital but still felt it
was too early in development and expensive so I decided to stick with film.
I was now in a better financial situation to purchase some additional OM
lenses and accessories so I started looking around for some used equipment.
I managed to pick up a Zuiko 28mm f2, Zuiko 35-70 f4, Zuiko 85-250 f5, winder
2 and a T32 flash, all in excellent condition.  There's a champaign OM4t on
its way (hopefully, for it was an eBay purchase) that looked in great
condition... looking forward to the 7 day check out period.

In the future I hope to be contributing something of value here but most
likely, I'll probably be learning from all of you for a while. :)  Take care.

Regards,
Richard Lovison