[OM] Re: Train shots

Subject: [OM] Re: Train shots
From: BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:55:24 -0500
I would avoid the tripod, and anything else that will transmit the considerable
vibration from the train to the camera. The best, really the only thing that
will keep the vibration from the camera is you. Shooting handheld in this
situation will require a faster film.

[certain list members please continue to the next message]

I would suggest 400 speed at the lowest. Some of the more recent 800 film,
especially those from Fuji and to a lesser extent Agfa, are remarkably good,
with grain similar to 100 film from the late eighties. Both the 800 and 1600
Fuji films will produce quite acceptable results if given a bit of overexposure.

If shooting chrome, Provia 400 is the one.

Train windows are frequently tinted, so you will loose some speed there. Also,
some correction will need be applied in printing.

Of course, one of those gyroscopic stabilizers would be ideal...

Bill Pearce