[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #32

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #32
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:33:07 -0800

On Feb 10, 2004, at 10:14 PM, Stephen Scharf wrote:

> Consumer reports is fine for reviews on things like laundry
> detergents and dishwashers, but I learned a long time ago not to rely
> on them for reviews on stereo equipment, automobiles or camera
> equipment.
>
> -Stephen.

The key seems to be that they are reviews for people who don't care
very much. It is seldom that they recommend something that will really
displease someone who just wants a tip after some cursory research. If
you are really interested in something like cars, photography,
computers, or audio you realize that they are relatively clueless.
Although their auto reviews have improved over the years since they
used to pick a full sized, stripped Chevrolet 4 door as the perfect
car.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA