[OM] Re: And Minolta Makes the Plunge

Subject: [OM] Re: And Minolta Makes the Plunge
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:44:33 -0500
I think the Minolta AF registration distance is 44.5 and the EOS mount
44.0.  A greater difference would make it easier but maybe it can be done.

Has anyone but me noticed that the sensor is APS sized (multiplier
1.44)?  This means that the sensor is larger than the Canond 10D
(multiplier 1.6) but smaller than the Canon 1D Mark II just announced
(multiplier 1.3).  So, is this a Canon 10D competitor at $1500 or
something between the 10D and 1D Mark II at perhaps $3000?

Just to complete the picture this sensor has about 70% more area than
the 4/3 sensor on the E-1.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA