[OM] Re: Poetic Champions Compose (was Wayne's Spirit...)

Subject: [OM] Re: Poetic Champions Compose (was Wayne's Spirit...)
From: Gary Edwards <zuiko_warrior@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:59:54 -0800 (PST)
Splendid, Walt!  A new bottle of Bailey's and plagerizing your poem and I'm set
for tomorrow!

Gary

www.peoplepacesflight.com

Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some of us are poets out of necessity. My wife is out of town.
She returns tomorrow. I waited, as usual, until the last minute
to get a Valentine's Day card. I spent a futile half hour this
morning at the Hallmark shop. Then I went across the street to
the liquor store, came home, opened a beer (or two) and wrote this
poem:

I went to the store to get you a card;
I pilfered the racks, yard after yard.
I elbowed old ladies, and young ones too;
As I searched for a card just right for you.
But soon my spirits started to sag;
The cards were so sappy they made me gag.
And a card is but something to read and then lose;
So I decided instead just to buy you some booze!

I have written this out, by hand, as neatly as I am able to, and
it is attached to a great big bottle of Grand Marnier, one of her
favorites. This should keep me from becoming homeless for at
least another few days.

OM content: It's a pretty day here, so I took one along.

Walt

A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing
than he needs. -- Mark Twain (defining the cause of Zuikoholism a
century ago)

List Problem"