[OM] Re: sticking leather

Subject: [OM] Re: sticking leather
From: Gary Edwards <zuiko_warrior@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:50:45 -0800 (PST)
Well, give it a try, but the stuff is pernicious - the contaminations spreads
endlessly, and usually nothing short of dedicated and persistant abrasion of
the surface removes it.

Gary Edwards (who has fought silicone contamination more than once painting
sailplanes)

Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Bill,

I kind of had the feeling the silicone might cause a small problem if it
didn't stick. Wasn't the first dumb thing I've done and most likely won't be
the last. :) I didn't use much, enough to fit on the end of a paper clip and
most of it squished out, so it shouldn't be too dificult to remove what's
there.

Gary Edwards

www.peopleplacesflight.com