[OM] Re: OM2n meter weighting pattern. Was: OM2n exposure

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2n meter weighting pattern. Was: OM2n exposure
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:27:35 +1030
At 1:34 AM -0800 2004.02.15, Moose wrote:
with respect to 2n and zone metering

>The practical answer is that is is not center wieghted enough to be any
>use for zone system work unless you carry around a nice long lens (much
>longer than the one used to capture the image) to use for metering
>and/or have rather large areas of equal tonality to measure.

I agree, that reflects my observations in practice. I've sometimes used the
200/5, as it's small and light, to restrict field of view.

I'm still curious about situations in which the c/w viewfinder system
might give a misleading impression as to the exposure used in auto
exposure. I'm coming to the view that these are infrequent.

regards
  Andrew