[OM] Somebody knows something.

Subject: [OM] Somebody knows something.
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:59:39 -0500
I took some time this morning to read the latest comments left for
the TOPE 17 entries, and to say a word or two about a couple
myself.  Tris Schuler's comment on entry No. 5 caused at least one
of my eyebrows -- the left one, I think -- to rise involuntarily
ever so slightly and, therefore, gives rise to this inquiry.

The comment begins, "As always, you've challenged yourself in an
interesting way, John..."  Well, we've got a number of Johns, so
that wasn't particularly significant, except it did cause me to
wonder, since the anonymity period has not yet been lifted, just
how Tris knew a John somebody had submitted this entry.

Further along, though, he says this: "And what happened to those
two guys playing poker at that table?"  Ah-hah!  Now a real clue!
That has to be a reference to John Lind's TOPE 1 shot.  What does
Tris know that we don't?  And how does he know what he knows?
Should we haul him in for interrogation?  I'll bring the rubber
hose.

John L. hasn't posted anything in months.  Is he just lurking?
Has he abandoned us?  He was one of the most knowledgeable and
articulate posters on the list for the four or so years I've been
around.  We need him back and active.

I know we've offended and run off more than one good list member
by being obnoxious and rambunctious sometimes.  If that's what
happened with John, I hope that I, an admitted repeat offender, am
not a significant part of the cause of his departure.

Are you out there, John?

Remember the last scene in the movie "Shane," where the kid is
yelling, "Come back, Shane!  Mama wants you!" or something like
that.  Maybe we should change "Shane" to "John" and "Mama" to "The
List."

All together now: Come back, John!  The list wants you!

Walt

A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing
than he needs. -- Mark Twain (defining the cause of Zuikoholism a
century ago)