[OM] Re: [OT] Rats, it's the E-1 again

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Rats, it's the E-1 again
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:40:18 -0800

On Feb 15, 2004, at 6:19 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Just as I thought my mind was getting settled.  The $300 trade-in
> (which
> makes it the same price as the 10D (with lens) also adds to the sense
> of
> unsettlement.  But where, oh where is the MA-1 that would push me over
> the edge?

Have you looked at stevesdigicams.com? I like it because of his
pictures. He takes pictures of some of the same things for each test.
It makes for a good side by side comparisons if you have a good
monitor. It helped answer some questions for me. Certainly it clarified
some things about pixel count and pixel size. imagingresource.com has
very good reviews with a little more emphasis on handling and has some
good test photos too. He tends to take pictures of posters in a studio
to get some standardization, but I think you see more with his photos
of real subjects even if they are more variable because of the time of
year. I found it useful to download the large images for the cameras I
was interested in, open them in PS and if necessary resize a bit to
make a closer comparison. It might help you in your decision.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA