[OM] Re: Silly Polaroid SprintScan 4000 question

Subject: [OM] Re: Silly Polaroid SprintScan 4000 question
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:52:22 -0800
I've had no problems with my lamp per se though I was aware that this lamp
does not turn off automatically as it should. I would have thought that
could have been fixed easily enough with a firmware upgrade, and as I
recall this was made available though didn't do the trick for some reason.

RE service: I forget the man's name but at one time (say, two years ago)
there was a man from England who performed much of Polaroid's customer
service issues through email and was active on the Film Scanners list as
well. But the corporation, as you might know, sort of reshuffled and in its
(new) corporate wisdom let this fine chap go (probably with a shrug). I
hate to think what they've replaced his kind and knowledgeable office with.

Possible solution: First, I'd leave a note on the Film Scanners list for
openers. Lots of bright people there with loads of experience. You might
also contact Tom Scales, a member on this list, as at one time he tested
the 400 (and perhaps the 4000+) so might have a leads or two with re to
end-user support.

For Film Scanners go here: http://www.halftone.co.uk/  That's the URL for
Tony Sleep's site. He runs the FS list and is himself yet another good
person to ask re this business.

Tom Scales can be reached at:  tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear you're being shafted, Phil. Don't like that at all.

Tris