[OM] OMs in Madeira...

Subject: [OM] OMs in Madeira...
From: Stylianos Georgakis <stelge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:26:11 +0200
Donald you wrote:
Well, my plans for an umpteenth holiday in France have been thwarted. The
> keeper of the holiday cash has booked a week in Funchal for July, so now I
> need to learn something new!
>
> Anyone been there, got any tips? I've been collecting websites tonight,
> but Zuikohead experiences would help.

I 've been there in 1995. Madeira is one of the most densely populated
regions in the world. In fact it's a floating garden in the Atlantic ocean
and there are many species of flowers and insects therefore macro lenses are
a must. Do not forget to visit Camara de Lobos and fly to the island of
Porto Santo (a really fantastic place). Last but not least taste their wine.
Madeira wine is too sweet for my taste cause I prefer dry wines but is
superb as a starting drink before lunch. Hope I was helpful.

Have a joyful holiday,
Stylianos Georgakis