[OM] Re: Silly Polaroid SprintScan 4000 question

Subject: [OM] Re: Silly Polaroid SprintScan 4000 question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:56:47 -0500
Check the precise wording.  In the software business at least there is a
big difference between "not supported" and "doesn't work".

In the latter case there is a known defect that may or may not be
serious and may or not be encountered by the typical user.  "Not
supported", on the other hand, means: "We haven't tested it, we ain't
gonna test it and maybe it works just fine but; if it doesn't we ain't
gonna help ya and don't ever call us back about this because we might
not be here".

Besides, and to paraphrase Oly managment: "Why you want to use old
camera, er... scanner?"

Chuck Norcutt