[OM] Re: [OM]Now my question 500mmreflex or 300mm tele

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM]Now my question 500mmreflex or 300mm tele
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:00:49 EST
In a message dated 2/17/2004 9:53:02 PM Central Standard Time,
cochran@xxxxxxxx writes:
am considering the Zuiko 500mm f8 reflex or the Zuiko 300mm f4.5. Both are
at almost the same price, just a diference of $30. Both are excellent plus
graded....I tend to go for the 300mm. Any sugestions

In my opinion you will be happier with and find more uses for the 300mm f4.5.
 Get a 2X and you have a 600mm out of the 300.  I had been thinking of
selling mine as I have the 300mm Tamron, however have just about decided to
keep it,
as I can use some of my Cokin P filters with it while I can't with the
Tamron.  My opinion is the 300mm is the better buy and you don't get the little
donut shapes in your back ground.  Bill Barber