[OM] Re: [OM]Now my question 500mmreflex or 300mm tele

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM]Now my question 500mmreflex or 300mm tele
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:44:35 EST
In a message dated 2/17/2004 11:14:58 PM Central Standard Time,
olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I can't hold a 300mm lens
steady enough for really sharp results for more than a minute or two at
a time, and even then I'm fooling myself. I have the pics of a muskrat
at Pt Reyes (far outside its published range) to prove it. Not bad at
5x7, but don't hold up at 8x10. Should have had the monopod that day

How about one of those Gimbal type tripod heads by Wimberley? Would that do
the trick?  Guess a monopod isn't such a bad idea.  Dang tripod head is about
what I have in my old beat up 4T after a CLA.  Bill Barber