[OM] Re: Epson Print Academy Online Experience

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson Print Academy Online Experience
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:09:40 -0800

On Feb 18, 2004, at 12:17 AM, Stephen Scharf wrote:

> I saw this link on Rob Galbraith today and decided to check it
> out...it is the Epson Print Academy Online Experience; a 12 week
> worskhop with new "classes" five days a week for 12 weeks. Plus there
> is are PDF files of the workshop summaries, and lots of bonus
> materials available online to enhance your learning. It looks quite
> good for $29.95. There will be presentations by noted pros Douglas
> Dubler (who uses Oly gear!) and Jay Maisel.  Other instructors will
> show you how to get new things out of Photoshop, make your prints
> optimally, even get them matted and framed. Way cool.

I took one of the in-person Epson Print Academy seminars and I really
enjoyed it. It was conducted by Vincent Versace who does a lot
Hollywood star portfolio work among other things. And he is somewhat of
a Photoshop guru. The in-person experience is really nice and you get
to see some actual big prints by some really good photographers. The
only negative is that he went so fast I could not keep up taking notes.
It was a great experience though. The online academy might be valuable
to capture some of that stuff that went by so fast.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA