[OM] OT language stuff again - was Re: Re: Film media article

Subject: [OM] OT language stuff again - was Re: Re: Film media article
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:02:22 +0000
OK, quick questions.... why should 'due to' only refer to a noun clause?
  I don't see why it's not synonymous with 'because of'.

And... if train station is an abomination, do you also object to 'bus
station'?

Just curious!  OM content - not any that I can really think of.  I
haven't been using my OMs much recently.  This has been due to an
extraordinarily heavy workload....

Roger

Chris Barker wrote:

> It is increasingly common usage, but it is still incorrect to use due
> to to describe a verb clause.  A good example is:

...and also...