[OM] Re: OT language stuff again - was Re: Re: Film media article

Subject: [OM] Re: OT language stuff again - was Re: Re: Film media article
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:56:48 -0000
No no Walt, it's a fair question.  I don't object, because that is what they
are - places where buses stop (see, I don't even insist on "'buses" with an
apostrophe).

The reason, I think, is that trains need a railway/road to get to their
station - the railway/road came first. Buses, on the other hand, just use
the roads, and indeed came before there were enough of them to need a
station.

Hence the usage *is* different.

Now, what I need to know is this ... which buses can I catch at the F-stop?

Piers