[OM] Re: [OM]Now my question 500mmreflex or 300mm tele

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM]Now my question 500mmreflex or 300mm tele
From: BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:21:17 -0500
I've got both, and I recommend the 300 as a single lens. the 300 is quite
useful, although a bit slow, and can be handheld fairly easily. Mine is a very
old sc version, and it gives good if not exceptional results.

I've used the 500 some, mainly for sir to ground shots ar airshows. In that
use, it is excellent, as good or better than about any other mirror lens. It is
easy to handhold. It is most assuredly not for uses like wildlife photography.
The out of focus doughnuts are simply TOO UGLY! I find this lens to be good in
only limited situations.

Bill Pearce