[OM] Re: Cosina/Espon digital RF

Subject: [OM] Re: Cosina/Espon digital RF
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:46:59 -0800
on 2/18/04 1:36 PM, Skip Williams at om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Fall 2005 news flash: Cosina introduces the new, Bessamatic-chameleon 10
> Megapixel DSLR.  This new camera, based on the very successfuly
> Bessa-R-digital is a new digital SLR camera with interchangable lens mounts.
> The base camera comes with the M42 mount.  Also offered are Canon FD, Nikon F,
> Olympus OM, Pentax K and Yashica/Contax. The camera is priced at $1,250, with
> additional lens mounts at $79.99 each. . . . . . . .
>
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!
>
> (My wife just pinched me and I woke up!)
>
> Whew!  What a nightbare as I sold most of my OM lenses last year in 2004.
>
> Skip

>From a technical or engineering standpoint, there's -nothing- here that
would be too difficult to do... Even spoofing the aperture stopdown and
meter feedback could be done with solenoids and proper mechanical to
electronic conversion. Maybe if one body could be sold to four or five
different older camera brand users there might be enough buyers to make it,
but I don't think it will ever happen because it doesn't seem likely that
the market will support manual focus cameras even if they are digital and
use the old lenses. Most photographers seem to want autofocus and a zillion
electronic options in their digital cameras...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...