[OM] Re: [OM]Now my question 500mmreflex or 300mm tele

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM]Now my question 500mmreflex or 300mm tele
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:37:31 -0800
The 750mm f6 seems to have plenty of DOF for birds. It seems the opposite of
what I would expect - bird photos are almost always better focused and thus
sharper with the Celestron 750mm f6 than with the 800 mm f11 Vivitar S1.
I've mostly used it when the birds are too far away for my Tamron 400 w 1.4x
teleconverter. If I had taken more pictures focused closer I may have seen
more problems.

The 800mm f11 can take good pictures but the reject percentage is very high.
Most of the 750mm f6 have been at least technically acceptable. The 750 is
an imposing lens. I can't imagine very many people being comfortable with it
pointed at them even 50 feet away.

-jeff