[OM] OT Re: Changing Perceptions

Subject: [OM] OT Re: Changing Perceptions
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:02:34 -0500
OT

The R8 looks clunky, but it handles very well, from my one-day experience.
Howerver, it's mechanical reliability is questionable from reports that I've
read.  It's a shame that Leica has continued to pour resources into the R line,
which has a very questionable future, although specactular lenses.  The digital
back for the R9 is a boondoggle, IMO; a waste of scarce R&D resources.  And the
Digital M, when/if it shows up, will cost a fortune for something that is 3
years behind the times.  Recent speculations say $6k for the body!

It's as if Leica is a blindfolded rider on a thoroughbread, running with the
best equipment, but not knowing where they're going.

Skip