[OM] Re: WTB/WTT: 49mm -> 72mm step-up-ring for 18mm f3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB/WTT: 49mm -> 72mm step-up-ring for 18mm f3.5
From: "CyberSimian" <OlySimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:09:06 -0000
Iwert said:
> I am looking for the 49mm -> 72mm step-up-ring for the Zuiko 18mm f3.5
> (which also serves as a hood).

Jessops in the UK (www.jessops.com) still list this item -- it is priced at
34 UK pounds (that includes the UK sales tax of 17.5%).  Jessops can
certainly get the step-up ring, as I bought one last year (that was before
the recent price rises on OM equipment).  However, I doubt that Jessops keep
them in stock -- they presumably order them from Olympus UK, Olympus Europe,
or Olympus Japan, so be prepared to wait a few weeks.  If you are
interested, start on the Jessops home page and click "Accessories", then
"Lens Accessories", then "Lens Hoods", then select "Olympus" and click
"Search".

Note in passing that Jessops still list the legendary 35-80mm f2.8 Zuiko
zoom -- it is priced at a very-reasonable 2200 UK pounds (that includes UK
sales tax; divide by 1.175 if you are buying from outside the EC).  Before
the recent increases, this was priced at circa 1600 UK pounds.

-- from Cy in the UK