[OM] Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers (was Re: Epson Print Ac

Subject: [OM] Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers (was Re: Epson Print Academy Online Experience))
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:00:59 +0100

For some of us, we could not buy an OM in our early years, as they did not
exist. But in around 1964, when I was 22, I bought my first Olympus, a Pen
D with f1.9 lens. 3 or 4 years later I bought a Pen F  as my first SLR
together with a wideangle (25/4?) and a telephoto, followed by a Pen FT in
1974. In 1976 used prices had fallen enough for me to buy an outfit
consisting of pre-MD OM-1, M-series 28/3.5, and a 75-150 f4 (a private
import from Japan that I paid $250CAD for). For many years my only
additions were an OM-1n, a 24/2 Kiron, and a Zuiko 100/2.8. Until I found
this list......

Roger Key

Jim Couch wrote:

Ah the thread morphes again! You bring up an interesting question Siddiq!

For those brave enought to answer -

How old are you now (you can skip this part if you wish!) :)

And (more importantly) how old were you when you bough your first OM,
and what was it?

I am 43 (for another month anyway) and purchased my first OM at the ripe
old age of 17. An OM-1 with a 50 1.8 Zuiko.

Jim Couch