[OM] Re: Tamron 90mm Question

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 90mm Question
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:07:29 -0000
You are forgetting that the lens itself can rack out a loooong way.  The
Tamron extension tube is (if I remember right) 26 or 28 mm, with the rest of
the extension provided in the lens helicoid.

Whether you fit the Tamron tube or any other tube to an old or a new
version, it can't possibly fit anywhere other than between the rear lens
element and the film plane.  Unless you fit it with a hacksaw and (wait for
it) silicone sealant.

Or have I missed something?

Piers