[OM] Dodging the bullet

Subject: [OM] Dodging the bullet
From: "Bob Docherty" <lostkase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:55:51 -0500
 My (ex) stepson and his wife had a baby girl Wednesday afternoon. When I
heard they were to induce labor, I left work and ran home to gather photo
gear. As usual I overpacked. OM-4T OM-2S T32 F280 90mm Tamron Macro ,  6
other lenses, etc... I loaded both cameras with Fuji NPS160 and headed for
the hospital. When I arrived I found I was the only one who had considered a
camera. Alan asked if he could take one of my cameras into the delivery
room. I had the OM-4T fitted with the F280 but when he tried looking through
the viewfinder the diopter adjustment I had set threw him off. At this point
his wife was fully dilated and ready to go. I attached the t32, 50mm 1.8  to
the OM-2S tilted the flash head to 45 degrees set the shutter to 60
aperature for F8 set it to auto handed him the camera and off he went. After
the delivery I got the camera back from him. With great trepidation I took
it to a local one hour photo shop. I was afraid how they would curse me for
eternity for handing a overly complex camera to record their blessed event.
( nevermind no one else thought to grab a camera...) I ended up ordering
double prints and a CD thinking I had just wasted more money than the film
would deserve. Bless the OM gods!! With a 2 minutes of instructions the
photos came out exposed properly!!
 I'm headed over to their apartment tomorrow loaded down with every piece of
photographic equipment I own to do baby portraits. Wish me luck.....

Bob