[OM] Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers (was Re: Eps on P rint

Subject: [OM] Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers (was Re: Eps on P rint Academy Online Experience))
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:40:07 -0800
On Friday, February 20, 2004, at 08:48 AM, Geilfuss Charles wrote:

> I'm starting to see a pattern here. I'll be 50 in August and purchased
> my
> first Oly in 1976 at age 22, an OM-1 with 50/1.8 SC (still have it).

Hmmm.....likewise! I'll be 50 in October, and I bought my (used) black
OM-1MD and 50/1.8 from 47th Street Photo in NYC in spring of 1976, when
I was 21. I still have it.... It traveled around the southwest US with
me for three months that summer between second and third years of
architecture school--one camera and a standard lens. Switching back and
forth mid-roll between Kodachrome 25 and bulk-loaded FP4, everything
full-frame. (Ah, the simplicity of poverty!) I really need to get a
film scanner....

Meanwhile, hello! I've just signed up for this list. I see a few
familiar names from the rangefinder list--hey Skip, hey George! I'm
being drawn back into the OM web.....

-Rob Harrison
Seattle